So it happened again:
Most of my application icons were broken, i.e. only visible in a very low resolution.
After googling a bit I found the following discussion:
mdi’s suggestion did the trick for me: http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=10296267#10296267
What I did:
- open Terminal.app (If you never did… : Try „spotlight-search“ –> Terminal)
- enter cd /private/var/folders
- enter sudo find . -name “com.apple.QuickLook.thumbnailcache”|xargs sudo rm -rf
(you will have to enter your password)
- Restart Finder.app using „Apple-Menu–> „quit immediately (It’s „Sofort Beenden“ in German. Dunno the english term) or press
- command+option+escape“. Chose „Finder restart“.
- Be happy 🙂
OK, to be honest I had to restart to be really happy 😐